Using Mastercard at Online Casinos
⚠️ *UPDATE: As of the 14th April 2020 all use of credit cards at UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) licensed casinos will be banned. Gambling on credit cards will no longer be supported by ANY of the brands listed on the ukcasinoawards.com website.
Mastecard is a global leader in credit card services and is one of the most popular online casino payment methods in the casino industry world wide. Accepted as a form of payment in over 300 countries, Mastercard offers a reliable a safe way for online gamers to pay for gambling services.
Mastecards are obtained through your bank or other money lending companies who are affiliated with Mastercard. Credit Cards are the companies most popular financial product though it’s worth familiarising yourself with their other offerings such as the MasterCard prepaid debit card. The application process requires the usual identity verifications and credit checks and can sometimes be a little slow so don’t expect to be playing online games via MasterCard on the day of application!
Pros of using Mastercard:
Here are the main advantages of using MasterCard at online casinos
- Depositing is quick and easy. You’ll be able to load funds onto your casino account within minutes.
- If you deposit using a Mastercard Credit Card then you don’t need to have the funds available in your current account. In other words you can borrow the money and choose at which rate you’d like to pay it back.
- The broad availability of Mastercard as a payment method is a clear advantage and it’s rare to find an online platform that doesn’t accept payments from them.
- There are numerous discounts and other reward incentives when paying with Mastercard.
- Purchases are usually covered by MasterCard insurance and furthermore there is no liability placed on the customer by the bank in the event of any unauthorised transactions.
Cons of using Mastercard:
As well as the advantages of using MasterCard at online casinos there are some pit falls worth bearing in mind too
- Be sure to keep your personal data, passwords and credit card information safe and secure. Should this information fall into the wrong hands it would likely result in fraudulent transactions.
- Players must practice caution when depositing and gambling with funds that are borrowed. The undisciplined are at risk of falling into debt as it’s all too easy to spend beyond your budget. Awareness and responsible gambling are advised.
- Some casinos may charge a few to deposit and/or withdraw using a credit card so be sure to check the terms and conditions.
- Some casinos don’t allow MasterCard as a withdrawal method even though it may be permitted as a deposit method.
Similarly to Visa, MasterCard have lost considerable ground to popular e-wallet payment methods in recent years. On balance, e-wallets such as Skrill offer many of the same advantages of speed and ease of use, broadly accepted in the industry and are actually safer to use. That said, the vast majority of online casinos still accept Mastercard, especially for depositing and the methods remains well used by players across the web.
📢 Check out the Casino Payment Providers section for more information about payments options.